[bittorrent] David Bromberg & The MVP's 1991-05-25 Chicago. IL (W/ The Annettes)

Automated Mailer noreply-bt.e at etree.org
Tue Apr 20 04:20:05 UTC 2021

Band:           David Bromberg
Torrent Name:   David Bromberg & The MVP's 1991-05-25 Chicago. IL (W/ The Annettes)
Uploaded by:    candleman

Contact the seeder at http://db.etree.org/candleman

DAVID BROMBERG
W/ THE ANNETTES (GOSPEL CHOIR)
1991-05-25 1ST 2ND SETS
CHICAGO, IL
BUDDY GUYS LEGENDS
1ST SEEDED ON DIME 2015-12-25
A CHICAGOBLUES RECORDING FTV-24

LINEAGE:

RECORD:   SONY ECM-990F>SONY TCD-5M>MAXELL XL11S (STILL GOT MY MAX POINTS!)
PLAYBACL: NAK ZX-7 AZYMUTH ALIGNED>MONSTER RCA CABLES>PMD670-2496>CF>HD>
          CDWAV SPLITS/DITHER 16 441>TLH FLAC8>YOU

NO CHANGES WERE MADE TO THE WAV FILES. SOUNDFORGE VERIFIED NO DC OFFSET

I ALWAYS LIKE TO WRITE A LITTLE SOMETHING ABOUT EACH SHOW. I COULD WRITE A LOT ABOUT THIS
ONE. ANYWAY.. I PICK UP THAT WEEKS CHICAGO READER (WEEKLY RAG) AND I SEE HES PLAYING AT
BUDDY GUYS LEGENDS AND THEN I READ FURTHER AND SEE HES PLAYING WITH A GOSPEL BAND, THE
ANNETTES. THE FIRST TIME I SAW BROMBERG WAS IN 1976 AND BEEN A FAN EVER SINCE. THIS WAS
MORE THAN ENOUGH FOR ME TO BUY A TICKET. THEY WERE PLAYING 2 NIGHTS AT LEGENDS WITH THE
ANNETTES, THIS SHOW WAS THE 2ND NIGHT AND HOPEFULLY THEY WERE SLIGHTLY WARMED UP. LOL

SO I GET TO THE SHOW EARLY, GRAB A GOOD CENTER TABLE ABOUT 1/2 WAY BACK. I SAW THE GOSPEL
CHOIR THERE AND QUICKLY REALIZED WHY THEY ARE PLAYING LEGENDS, BECAUSE THEY NEEDED ROOM FOR
SUCH A LARGE CHOIR! THIS BROMBERG SHOW WAS WITH THE MVP'S, MY FAVORITE LINEUP. RIGHT AS THE
SHOW STARTED THE BAND SOUNDED GREAT. EVENTUALLY THE CHOIR WAS UP THERE  ON THE SIDE OF THE
STAGE. FROM THEIR FIRST NOTE THEY SANG, IT FELT LIKE I WAS IN CHURCH. (OYE, SUCH A COMMENT
FROM A NICE JEWISH BOY) IT WAS REALLY GREAT TO HEAR DAVID BACKED BY MORE THEN NANCY AND THE
OTHER SINGERS. DAVID SOUNDED LIKE HE WAS PREACHING, NOT JUST STORY TELLING. HAMBONE WAS ON
THE THE HAMMOND B3 SOUNDING GREAT. HE'S ONE OF MY FAVORITE B3 PLAYERS. THE HIGHLIGHT FOR ME
WAS WHEN THE ANNETTES SANG BACK UP ON A 16:49 VERSION OF "TESTIFY BOUT MY LOVE"

I COULD GO ON, BUT ENOUGH FOR NOW.. DOWNLOAD THIS AND AS ALWAYS... ENJOY

01) Intro
02) Who Do You Love?
03) Nobody's Fault But Mine
04) Equipment Break
05) Too Many Fish In The Sea
06) Suffer To Sing The Blues
07) World Of Fools
08) I'll take You Back/
09) / Da Doo Run Run
10) I'll Rise Again*
11) The Hurt Came Back Again*
12) Testify*
13) Lost My Driving Wheel*

* WITH THE ANNETTES

Disc 2
14) Peanut Man
15) Junco Partner
16) As The Years Go Passin By
17) Tongue
18) It's Just a matter of Time
19) Idol With The Golden head>
20) Mobile Lil' The Dancing Witch
21) Shake Sugaree
22) If You Don't Want Me Baby
23) Sharon
24) Motorin' > I Like It Like That
25) Nobody's

DAVID BROMBERG - GUITAR, VOC
JIM HEINZ - DRUMS
BOB LIZIK - BASS
HAMBONE - B3
BACKING VOCALISTS:
NANCY JOY JOSEPHSON-BROMBERG
BARBARA KUSHNER
MIMI HART

Candleman Notes 2020
I corrected the setlist and tagged the show
no other alterations were made to the original seed, except for FFP

Another Installment Of The Demon In Disguise Project