[bittorrent] Phish 1994-07-15 Jones Beach (B&K 4011) *Remaster*

Automated Mailer noreply-bt.e at etree.org
Sat May 30 20:28:21 UTC 2020

Band:           Phish
Torrent Name:   Phish 1994-07-15 Jones Beach (B&K 4011) *Remaster*
Uploaded by:    lucas9000

Contact the seeder at http://db.etree.org/lucas9000

Jones Beach Amphitheater
Wantagh, NY
July 15, 1994

Remaster Info:

Audacity (envelope tool, compression, amplify, track splits); mp3tag (file
tagging); Trader's Little Helper (ffp created)

Remaster by Lucas Lorenz 2020-05-30

My primary motivation for this remaster was to even out the level adjustments
at the beginning of Rift (see the original source info below).  While I was at
it I decided to apply some light compression to bring down a few transients
just a bit so that the average loudness of the show could be raised slightly.
In the process I also retracked all of it because I had to put it all together
into one continuous track to do the compression and subsequent amplification.

I also wanted to do this because I've loved this show since I first heard it
and the original source used here is my go-to source.  I believe I had this on
cassette back in the '90s, and I've listened to the original source countless
times.  Something like hearing security yell at a taper would usually be a huge
flaw in a recording, but in this one it's part of the mystique for me.  Anyway,
I hope I've done justice to the original recording.

Thanks to the original taper, whoever you are.

Original Source Info:

Source:		B+K 4011

Transfer:	Fostex D5 -> optical cable -> HOSA ODL-276 -> digi coax cable ->
		EgoSys Waveterminal 2496 -> CoolEdit 2000 (48->44.1, fades) ->
		CD Wave v1.71 -> mkwACT 0.97b1

transfered by: Jason Sobel (jasonsobel at hotmail.com)
Big thanks to Blane Harvey for letting me borrow his DATs.

recording notes:
At the beginning of "Rift" the levels are set way to high,
and there's some distortion before, and at the start of the song.
The level adjustment comes shortly after the start of the song.

Set 1:

1. Intro
2. Rift
3. Sample in a Jar
4. Divided Sky
5. Gumbo
6. Foam
7. Fee >
8. Split Open and Melt
9. Golgi Apparatus

Set 2:

10. Intro
11. Letter to Jimmy Page >
12. David Bowie
13. Bouncing Around the Room
14. Reba
15. It's Ice >
16. Yerushalayim Shel Zahav >
17. Dog Faced Boy
18. Julius
19. Hold Your Head Up
20. Setting Sail
21. Hold Your Head Up
22. Runaway Jim

Encore:

23. Sleeping Monkey >
24. Rocky Top

Phish.net notes:

This was the first solar-powered Phish show. Trey sang the verses of Fee through
a megaphone. Bowie included a full Jessica tease during the jam. Reba included
Sailor's Hornpipe and Brazil theme teases and did not have the whistling ending.
It's Ice featured a Page-led jam that was unlike most versions. Setting Sail was
performed for the first time since March 25, 1992 (292 shows). The second HYHU
contained an Iron Man quote from Fish.