[bittorrent] Seva Benefit Helping One Another 1988-04-16-AA-fob-toaK1s-flac24

Automated Mailer noreply-bt.e at etree.org
Wed May 27 23:17:39 UTC 2020

Band:           Other
Torrent Name:   Seva Benefit Helping One Another 1988-04-16-AA-fob-toaK1s-flac24
Uploaded by:    ArchivalAudio

Contact the seeder at http://db.etree.org/ArchivalAudio

Seva Benefit - Helping One Another
1988-04-16
Saturday

An Acoustic Benefit Concert
Helping One Another
David Graham Bonnie Bob Brent
John Sexon Auditorium
Pasadena City College
Pasadena CA

*********** 24 Bit version NOT intended to burn direct to CD *********

Recorded and Mastered by ArchivalAudio Ian Stoy
ArchivalAudio at gmail dot com
• An ArchivalAudio Production 5/2020 •

Front Of Board Master Audience cassette:

Toa K1’s spaced  about 3’ apart hand held about chest high (seated) >  Sony WM-D6c
media: Maxell XLIIS c90’s  Dolby C on
Mastering:
Tascam  302  Dolby C on > ArchivalAudio silver-gold RCA>1/4” TS > Zoom F8 at 24/48
Transcend  600x SDHD class10 U1 128gb
Transcend usb 3 card reader > MacMini  3 GHz i7/16GB DDDR3
Audacity: Fades/Tracking normalize to -.5db  remove DC offset > flac24
xACT Flac Fingerprints

• An ArchivalAudio Production 5/2020 •

Seva Benefit - Helping One Another
1988-04-16
Saturday

An Acoustic Benefit Concert
Helping One Another
David Graham Bonnie Bob Brent
John Sexon Auditorium
Pasadena City College
Pasadena CA

Two halves of the show aka set 1 and set 2
Set 1 was Brent and Bonnie
Set 2 was Bob and Crosby and Nash. Also Jackson Browne joins
Wavy Gravy was the emcee (Most of what he said was not recorded to try to save tape, sorry.)

Helping One Another
First Half
set 1
___________________________________
Brent Mydland
solo on grand piano
___________________________________
Wavy Gravy Intro
Brent feels naked up here
Love Doesn’t Have To Be Pretty
Louie, Louie
Gentlemen Start You Engines
Devil with a Blue Dress On > Good Golly Mis Molly
I Will Take You Home Prelude >
I will Take You Home
___________________________________
Bonie Raitt
w/ Johnny Lee Schell
___________________________________
Wavy Gravy - Slide Bonnie Slide
Rainyday Man
Keep Your Mouth Shut
Louise
[Bonnie on : Blender Blues]
 Angel From Montgomery

 tapeflip - crossfaded some tuning lost

Love Me Like A Man
Soldiers Of Plenty
Bonnie talks about hope
Mississippi Road
River Of Tears

Wavy Gravy : Helping One Another
___________________________________

::::: Intermission :::::
___________________________________

Helping One Another
Second Half
Set 2
___________________________________
Bob Weir
solo acoustic
___________________________________
Wavy Gravy intro

Walkin’ Blues
Masterpiece
This Time Forever
Victim Or The Crime >
Throwin’ Stones
Blackbird*

* = w/ Brent Mydland on grand piano
___________________________________

David Crosby & Graham Nash
___________________________________
Wavy Gravy talks about Helping One Another
Wasted On The Way
Leeshore
Critical Mass/Wind On The Water
 tapeflip - crowd crossfaded
Soldiers of peace intro
Soldiers Of Peace
Compass
Try To Find Me
Guinevere
 - enter Jackson Browne -
Jackson intro and banter
Jamaica
Lives In The Balance
 tape change -
 Our House
___________________________________
Encore:
Long Time Gone
Teach Your Children
___________________________________

3/2017 to 5/2020
I started this project of mastering back in 2017, and now am finally getting around to finishing this one up in 2020.
As an Acoustic show it is very dynamic, with very quiet passages and some loud peaks, instead of compressing it I chose to retain these dynamics, the crowd can be loud at points, but so can the music.

Row 10 Dead Center the seating numbers started in the middle of the center section Odd numbers on left even’s on right Center on was 1 & 2  row numbering went like this: 11,09,07,05,03,01 [center] 02,04,06,08, 10, 12. My ticket stub shows Row 10  seat 6, I recall we have a block of 6 seats 1 through 6. Tickets were purchased by my old friend James Ford. This was the first Avocado Production show I attended and the first concert I ever attended that there was 0 (zero) body searching. Folks just carefully tore the perforated end of your ticket smiled and said enjoy the show! This was something I was not used to, especially in LA.

Wavy Gravy was Emcee, unfortunately I only recorded a small portions of his banter, I was trying to save tape, which in retrospective I shouldn’t have worried too much. “Waste tape not music”.  Unique and notable as this was the only time I ever got to see Brent solo acoustic.

This was an acoustic show in small auditorium theater, the mic gain was turned up, especially durning Brent's quiet beginning of his set, and there is on occasion some mic handling (adjusting) times. Gain was lowered for subsequent music and the background mic handling noise was minimized, though occasionally still present. Left side mic holder was apparently rubbing and or covering the capsule at times. Mostly I held the righthand channel mic., except to start the deck and check levels, the left channel was shred holding my Jim, and Ron.  Another social detail is that at the time I was going to college in Pasadena and this show was less than 10 blocks from my home. Such a treat!

Technical notes:
Mic handling noise is noticeable at start of each set. Manually lowered some of the loudest transients from audience clapping… Manually re-drew  waveforms at some mic pops from handling. +Ozone 5.
Also I tracked the show by set, and not artist, go ahead hate me for it, haters still gonna hate... I decided to share this as once unit, rather than four separate sets of music. The night was broken up in to 2 acts or sets,, so that is how I tracked the show.

 - Enjoy - ArchivalAudio