[bittorrent] jg1979-07-06.145710.recon.aud.knudsen.gems.flac16

Automated Mailer noreply-bt.e at etree.org
Mon Mar 18 20:27:40 UTC 2019

Band:           Grateful Dead
Torrent Name:   jg1979-07-06.145710.recon.aud.knudsen.gems.flac16
Uploaded by:    furnab2lax

Contact the seeder at http://db.etree.org/furnab2lax

Reconstruction
Friday, July 6, 1979
Keystone
Berkeley, CA

Source: Unknown Audience DAT > FLAC at 16 bit 44.1 kHz

>From the collection of Jeff Knudsen
Track, flac and tagging by John Wenzel
Transfer and mastering by Jamie Waddell

-Set One-
01 What You Won't Do For Love
02 Make It Better
03 Someday Baby
04 Long Train Running Instrumental
05 The Jealous Kind
06 Tellin' My Friends
07 A Lovely Night For Dancing

-Set Two-
08 Strugglin' Man
09 I Just Want To Stop
10 I'll Take A Melody
11 Fast Tone ->
12 Dear Prudence

Jerry Garcia  - Guitar
John Kahn     - Bass
Merl Saunders - Keyboards
Ed Neumeister - Trombone
Ron Stallings - Tenor Sax
Gaylord Birch - Drums

Jeff Knudsen has been an avid Jerry Garcia, Grateful Dead and San Francisco Sound music fan for over 40 years.
>From a letter to Dead Relix Magazine asking for help cultivating a tape collection, Jeff developed a
relationship with Dick Latvala and many other tapers, building an enormous music collection.  He also taped
many Jerry Garcia shows at venerable institutions like the various Keystones. Jeff loved to share tapes in
a twinkle of an eye.  He was a key player in leaking the Betty Boards back in the day.  A few years ago,
he decided he should pass his collection on to someone who could properly archive and transfer.  After a
few years of offering it publicly, there were no takers. In 2018,  Arizona LL members Jamie and Tom
felt the Knudsen collection was too valuable to let go.  After a flight so bumpy that we almost cried,
and a great visit, albeit too short, with Jeff... 1200 lbs of tapes, gear and cds were lovingly packed
at his Florida homestead.  The next era of his beloved collection is summer camp for the tapes in the
desert... an ongoing process of cataloging and transferring the contents to share.  Born from decades of
Jeff's passion for live music collecting and the archival efforts of many, it's an honor and a privilege to
share the Knudsen Tapes with you.  Enjoy!

originally shared at www.shnflac.net