[bittorrent] GD1985-03-28 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY Set i (MTX-24bit)

Automated Mailer noreply-bt.e at etree.org
Wed Jan 11 01:00:36 UTC 2017

Band:           Grateful Dead
Torrent Name:   GD1985-03-28 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY Set i (MTX-24bit)
Uploaded by:    photoleon

Contact the seeder at http://db.etree.org/photoleon

1985-03-28 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY Set I (MTX)

SBD & AUD (both FLAC/24) -> Audacity 2.0.6 -> alignment -> Dynamic Range Compression -> Normalization -> Export FLAC 24 (single file) -> Audacity -> labeled, tracked & exported (multiple files) -> FLAC 24 (level 8).

SBD Source:
Recording Info: SBD -> PCM Master > Dat Clone (44.1k)

Transfer Info: Dat (Sony R500) > Sound Devices 744T > Samplitude Pro X3 Suite > FLAC
(1 Disc Audio / 1 Disc FLAC)

All Transfers and Mastering By Charlie Miller
charliemiller87 at earthlink.net
January 7, 2017

Notes:
-- Thanks to David Gans for lending me his Dat
-- I [CM] was front row in front of Phil for this show (I was about 50’ behind you :)

AUD Source:
Recorded by the Oade Brothers
Transferred by Doug Oade, traced by Darrin Sacks (dsacks at pcisys.net)

Field:
Schoeps CMC441s (90deg, 17cm) > Oade M118 > Oade mod SONY PCM-F1

Transfer:
Master PCM > DAW (via SEKD Prodif) > Wav > cdwav > Flac

freshly tracked (4/06/04) from Doug Oade's transcription of his masters.

Notes:
Both sources are close to pristine & both being PCM’s with the same sample & frame rate, the synch was practically done for me.  Thank you Charlie & thank you Doug.  A fade in was added to the Oade source in the beginning to smooth the introduction of the audience recording & a fade out was added to the end of the Oade source.  Dynamic Range Compression was used in addition to Normalization.  This was my first show.

-Dynamic Range Compression
	Threshold      -12dB
	Noise Floor    -40dB
	Ratio			  2:1
	Attack Time	  0.2 sec
	Release		  2.0 sec
-Normalization
	remove DC offset
	normalize max amplification to 1.0dB

Thank you’s go out to:
	-Charlie Miller for all your work on the SBD
	-The Oade Brothers for recording the show
	-Darrin Sacks for your work on the Oade recording

Matrix created by Joe Noel aka photoleon using Audacity 2.0.6. January 09, 2017.

Set 1:
01 - tuning
02 - Truckin' ->
03 - Smokestack Lightning ->