[bittorrent] The Black Crowes 1997-07-31 Portland, OR Furthur Festival- w/Closing Jam
noreply-bt.e at etree.org
Mon Feb 29 03:51:15 UTC 2016
Band: Black Crowes
Torrent Name: The Black Crowes 1997-07-31 Portland, OR Furthur Festival- w/Closing Jam
Uploaded by: dorrcoq
Contact the seeder at http://db.etree.org/dorrcoq
If the link to this show does not work, it was probably removed for
Description / text file:
The Black Crowes
July 31, 1997
** 16 BIT **
Source: Sonic Studios DSM-6P w/3-way lo-cut filter, position unknown (most likely @ 80hz, middle setting) > Sony WM-D6
Transfer: Master cassette (Maxell XL-IIS 100m) > Denon 790R > Kenwood A-522 amplifier > Kenwood GE-622 Equalizer > Audacity (boosting/splicing) > WAV
Mastering: .WAV > Sound Forge Pro 11.0 (Build 299) [iZotope Mastering Suite (declick); minor edits, normalize, & fades] > CDWav (tracking) > Trader's Little Helper (level 5) > FLAC > TagScanner 5.1 (tagging)
Location: Taped from the right of the SBD, Rich's side, 100' from the stage
Recorded & transferred by: Steve "ballsdeep" Hagar
Mastered by: Dennis Orr
02 She Gave Good Sunflower
03 High Head Blues
04 Hotel Illness
05 How Much For Your Wings? >
06 Jam >
07 Spider In The Sugar Bowl Blues
08 Jam >
09 Bring On, Bring On
10 Torn And Frayed
11 If It Ever Stops Raining >
12 Stare It Cold >
13 Three Little Birds (1)
- All Star Electric Jam - (2)
15 All Along The Watchtower
16 Goin' Down The Road Feelin' Bad
Chris Robinson - lead vocals
Rich Robinson - guitars & backing vocals
Marc Ford - guitars
Johnny Colt - bass
Eddie Hawrysch - keyboards
Steve Gorman - drums
(1) "Three Little Birds" was added to the original setlist, however "Better When You're Not Alone" was cut.
(2) Full lineup is unknown. All of the Black Crowes except Rich played on "Deal". Marc Ford also played on "All Along The Watchtower".
No Crowes played on "Goin' Down The Road Feelin' Bad".
Tape flips after "Bring On, Bring On", and between the Crowes' set and the electric jam. No music lost.
- Portland Meadows is what it is, a racetrack of sorts (for horses, I assume), however, it makes for GREAT 'open air' sound due to no walls/barriers/etc.
- Another FANTASTIC Furthur experience, this show was a treat in that they crammed 10 songs into an hour..."She Gave Good Sunflower" made a great opener for a sunny evening that was turning to dusk, and by the end of the Crowes set it was pure darkness...one song that MUST be mentioned is "How Much For Your Wings" and the mind-melting jam that proceeded it...pure "space madness", it HAS to be heard with headphones to be believed, the best version I've ever heard! The post-show jam was yet ANOTHER treat, as the entire band sans Rich sat in for the Dead's "Deal", then after that Marc TORE UP the solo on "All Along The Watchtower" ("Goin' Down The Road Feeling Bad" was also played, but no Crowes were involved)...a perfect end to July of '97, and after a 1 day break, the "home base" of the Dead was next on the agenda...
More information about the bittorrent