[bittorrent] Todd Snider 2013-05-09 San Luis Obispo, CA KM-140s

Automated Mailer noreply-bt.e at etree.org
Tue Feb 16 20:32:25 UTC 2016

Band:           Todd Snider
Torrent Name:   Todd Snider 2013-05-09 San Luis Obispo, CA  KM-140s
Uploaded by:    furnab2lax
DB Link:        http://db.etree.org/lookup_show.php?shows_key=573780

Contact the seeder at http://db.etree.org/furnab2lax

Todd Snider
SLO Brewing Co.
San Luis Obispo, CA
May 9, 2013

** 16 BIT **

Source:  Neumann KM-140s (ORTF) > 25 ft XLRs > Beyer MV-100 > Tascam DR-100mkII @ 24 bit/48 kHz
Mastering:  .WAV > Sound Forge Pro 11.0 (Build 299) [iZotope Mastering Suite (declick); minor edits, normalize, & fades) > CDWav (tracking) > iZotope MBIT+ (dithered and downsampled to 16 bit/44.1 kHz) > Trader's Little Helper (level 5) > FLAC > TagScanner 5.1 (tagging)
Location:  FOB, microphone crossbar bungeed to front center ceiling post, 9’ from stage center, 9.5' high
Recorded by OldNeumanntapr
Mastered by  Dennis Orr

Setlist:
- Set One -
01 Intro
02 Conservative Christian, Right Wing, Republican, Straight, White, American Male
03 Easy Money
04 Is This Thing Working? >
05 Good News Blues
06 The Devil You Know
07 Horseshoe Lake
08 Bruised Orange (Chain of Sorrow)
- Set Two -
01 Intro
02 Statistician's Blues
03 Don't It Make You Wanna Dance?
04 Alright Guy (with Band Intros)
05 Play A Train Song
06 The Ballad Of The Devil's Backbone Tavern
07 East Nashville Skyline >
08 Too Soon To Tell >
09 Mission Accomplished (Because You Gotta Have Faith)
10 Encore Break
- Encore -
11 Enjoy Yourself

Todd Snider - vocals, guitar, & harmonica
Jim Lewin - electric guitar
Chad Staley - keyboards
Brian Adams - bass
Chris Sheldon - drums
Amanda Shires - violin

OldNeumanntapr Notes-
I got to SLO Brew at 5:30, walked in the side door, and said Hi to Kipp (SLO Brew sound man).  He looked at me and said, 'Hi, imagine seeing You here.' ;)

I then saw Todd Snider's sound man Brian, who is balding but has a HUGE beard. I said hi, and that I had recorded them last year and asked if everything was the same. He said yes.

It took me about an hour to set up. I bungeed the Atlas mic bar to the ceiling post about 9.5 feet off the floor, and ran the borrowed XLRs down the side of the post and across the floor. I had to thoroughly tape all the cables down to keep people from tripping on them.

I set up the Tascam by the side of the board and put one of the wooden stools in the little alcove for me to sit on during the show. (This was probably the most comfortable I've ever been at a SLO Brew show. I was able to sit through the entire set, when I wasn't on the floor shooting photos.)  It wasn't that crowded, so I could move around and shoot without any problem.

The red-shirt SLO Brew staff people are kind of clueless. The one guy said, 'You can't sit here', at the start of the show. I told him that I was running my gear in this spot and he said, 'Oh'. He never noticed the black duct tape holding down the cables. Hardly anyone
did.

I thought the first set was kind of short. Kipp later told me that Todd was sick and was throwing up between sets. :(  Poor guy. I thought that he didn't seem as happy as usual and didn't tell any stories between songs. The show must go on!

Amanda Shires opened the show.