[bittorrent] Jerry Garcia Band 10-21-87

Automated Mailer noreply-bt.e at etree.org
Sun Feb 14 02:03:20 UTC 2016

Band:           Garcia
Torrent Name:   Jerry Garcia Band 10-21-87
Uploaded by:    jmaneval
DB Link:        http://db.etree.org/shn/6350

Contact the seeder at http://db.etree.org/jmaneval

Jerry Garcia Acoustic Band
Lunt-Fontanne Theatre, New York, NY
10/21/87 Both Sets Early show and partial Accustic Set Late Show

cd1 (Requires 80 minute cd)
(Early show - Accustic Set 9 songs)
Blue Yodel No. 9 (Standing On The Corner)	05:43
Spike Driver Blues 			06:45
I've Been All Around This World 		05:39
I'm Troubled 			04:49
Drifting Too Far 			04:11
If I Lose 				02:33
Troubled In Mind 			05:37
Gone Home 			04:59
Ragged But Right 			04:18
(Late show - Partial Accustic Set 7 songs)
Deep Elem Blues 			06:42
I'm Troubled 			04:28
Spike Driver Blues 			06:57
Short Life Of Trouble 			04:08
Two Soldiers 			04:31
Gone Home 			04:02
Band Introduction			01:03
Diamond Joe// 			01:35

cd2 (Early show - Electric set)
How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You 	07:27
I Shall Be Released 			08:17
Run For The Roses 			06:03
Like A Road 			08:33
The Harder They Come 		10:41
Gomorrah >			06:24
Tangled Up In Blue 			10:02

SBD Master Cass>Sony D5>Cool Edit>CD Wave>SHN

Have all of early show and most of late show accustic.
Only mono recording because Dano and friend were able
to tap into a line feed until caught during late accustic
set where they had to stop abrubtly.

>From Dan Cole's collection of JGB cassettes.
He was using a Sony D5 recorder at the
time to record his Master Cassette from the line feed.
I recorded directly from his master tape to my computer using
Cool Edit, divided the tracks using CD Wave and then converted
to SHN before recording my copy onto cd.

Dan had this to say about recording this show
"JGB Lunt-Fontanne  Once again I headed to New York City without any tickets. I was waiting online for tickets opening night when I noticed a rather attractive lady walking out of the venue.  I approached her and asked her if she knew if there were going to be any tickets on sale.  She told me that she was a friend of Jerry's and that she would be coming out with Jerry's unclaimed comp tickets before each show.  I told her that I was in town for the duration and needed tickets for each show.  She said she this wasn't a problem and that she would give me first crack at any extras.  This was really cool because every seat she had was either a box seat or in the first 3 rows.

The first nights stealth taping went real well, we had enough people around us to conceal everything.  Jerry and the venue had a no tolerance taping policy for these shows anticipating a future album release.  We did notice about a dozen tapers get kicked out the first night.

The Board Tapes

The theater had a sitting room downstairs that had speakers set up.  I had noticed some tapers hanging out downstairs who had spliced into the speaker wires.  They were sending the amplified signals straight into their decks.  It was from these guys that the 10-17-87 tapes came from.

On the afternoon of the 21st I tried this method myself and walked away with a pretty good tape.

The evening of the 21st we met up with the guys who made the tapes from the 17th and we all patched together into the speaker wires.  About 3/4 of the way through the first set we noticed Bill Graham checking out  the speaker wires and headed directly for us.  I have never seen so many tapers scramble so fast.  I grabbed my deck and headed upstairs and started dancing with the crowd hanging out in the back.

Meanwhile, the Goon Squad had grabbed my buddy Rob and were dragging him upstairs towards the door to be kicked out.  This was rather sad because it was Rob's Birthday.  I didn't see Rob again until the second song of the second set.  He returned with an incredible story about how had climbed up to a ventilation shute, slid down an air shaft into the underground tunnels that connect the Broadway theaters.  He went through a door into a hallway that led to Jerry's dressing room.  They accidentally woke up a security guard who thought they had snuck in from the show and he proceeded to escort them back into the theater.

Needless to say, the speakers downstairs were shut off for the remainder of the Lunt-Fontanne run.."

Early show. Jerry Garcia Acoustic Band. Jerry Garcia, John Kahn, David Kemper, David Nelson, Sandy Rothman

Distribution as of 12/1/00
Etree - only 1 cd with SBD>?>DAT>CDR>EAC>SHN doesn't say what
part of show.
Phishhook - 3 cass/1 cd (accustic) portion - no lineage.

Tapes recorded by Dan Cole
Analog transfer and SHN conversion by Kevin Tobin
--------- Jerry Site Info --------------
10/21/87a Lunt-Fontanne Theatre, New York, NY  top
Acoustic Set:  (9 songs)
Blue Yodel No. 9 (Standing On The Corner)
Spike Driver Blues
I've Been All Around This World
I'm Troubled
Drifting Too Far
If I Lose
Troubled In Mind
Gone Home
Ragged But Right

 Electric Set:  (7 songs)
How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You
I Shall Be Released
Run For The Roses
Like A Road
The Harder They Come
Gomorrah
Tangled Up In Blue

Comments: Early show.
Recordings: 45 SBD, 45 AUD (Acoustic), 70 SBD (Electric)
Contributors: Ryan Shriver, Matt Schofield

10/21/87b Lunt-Fontanne Theatre, New York, NY  top
Acoustic Set:  (11 songs)
Deep Elem Blues
I'm Troubled
Spike Driver Blues
Short Life Of Trouble
Two Soldiers
Gone Home
Diamond Joe
I've Been All Around This World
Drifting Too Far
Ripple
Ragged But Right
 Electric Set:  (8 songs)
Get Out Of My Life
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Dear Prudence
Crazy Love
Evangeline
The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
My Sisters And Brothers
Midnight Moonlight

 Encore:
That Lucky Old Sun

Comments: Late show.
Recordings: 45 AUD (Acoustic)
Contributors: Jeff Tiedrich, ftp.gdead.berkeley.edu