[bittorrent] Phish - Roseland Ballroom - New York, NY - 2/6/93 *23 years ago today*

Automated Mailer noreply-bt.e at etree.org
Sat Feb 6 20:21:18 UTC 2016

Band:           Phish
Torrent Name:   Phish - Roseland Ballroom - New York, NY - 2/6/93 *23 years ago today*
Uploaded by:    Subtle Sounds
DB Link:        http://db.etree.org/shn/94499

Contact the seeder at http://db.etree.org/Subtle Sounds

February 6, 1993
Roseland Ballroom
New York, NY

source:
(FOB) Schoeps mk4 > kc5 > cmc5 > Sonosax SX-M2 > Sony TCD-D3 (@ 48 kHz)
mics ORTF, dead center, on a 7' stand

transfer:
Tascam DA-20MKII > Tascam HD-P2 > CF card > usb 2.0 > pc > Samplitude SE v9.1.1 > FLAC v1.2.1 (16bit/44.1kHz @ Level 8)

FLAC tags added with metaflac v1.2.1

recorded by Eliot Byron
transferred by Jason Sobel (jasonsobel at gmail.com)
seeded September 11, 2008

notes:
Samplitude used for:
fades, patches (see below), volume adjustments on "Sweet Adeline", resample to 44.1 kHz, track splits
The original 48 kHz files from the DAT transfer have been archived, and are available upon request.
Big thanks to Eliot for letting me borrow the master DATs!

Disc 1 - [77:38]
Set I
01 - [00:36] - set 1 intro
02 - [04:33] - Golgi Apparatus
03 - [08:03] - Foam
04 - [06:20] - Wilson
05 - [06:49] - My Friend My Friend
06 - [10:13] - Maze
07 - [03:31] - Horn
08 - [13:52] - The Divided Sky
09 - [02:40] - Lawn Boy
10 - [06:29] - The Wedge
11 - [03:45] - Bouncing Around the Room
12 - [10:48] - Run Like an Antelope

Disc 2 - [76:01]
Set II
01 - [00:43] - set 2 intro
02 - [05:44] - Chalk Dust Torture
03 - [05:47] - Mound
04 - [10:31] - Stash
05 - [02:03] - Sweet Adeline
06 - [02:48] - All Things Reconsidered
07 - [07:53] - Mike's Song >
08 - [02:53] - I Am Hydrogen >
09 - [07:46] - Weekapaug Groove
10 - [08:11] - Lifeboy
11 - [03:50] - Uncle Pen
12 - [02:15] - Big Ball Jam
13 - [02:57] - HYHU >
14 - [02:03] - Lengthwise >
15 - [03:48] - Buried Alive *
16 - [06:49] - Possum *

Disc 3 - [08:48]
Set II continued
01 - [04:06] - encore break
02 - [04:42] - Fire *#

* with John Popper on harmonica
# with Noel Redding on bass (Mike moving over to keyboards)

patch notes:
There were two minor drop-outs on Eliot's master DATs in "Lifeboy".
These drop-outs were patched with the following source:

FOB Schoeps CMC5/mk4
http://db.etree.org/shn/2901

While I would guess that the patch source also originates from Eliot's recording, it didn't sound the same.
Before using the patch source, I applied de-emphasis, as it sounded like it pre-emphasis had been applied
at some point in time (even though there is no pre-emphasis on Eliot's original recording).  Perhaps there
was an extra D/A > A/D generation or something like that before Mark Lynn got his DAT copy.  It's hard to
know for sure.  What is clear, however, is that this new transfer from Eliot's master DATs sounds better
than the previous circulating version (i.e. the patch source).

The patch source was used at the following spots:
Lifeboy
[07:14.347] to [07:15.013]
[07:19.560] to [07:20.280]

These two minor patches are almost inaudible.