[bittorrent] The Black Crowes 1995-05-27 Monterey, CA - Steve Hagar master PREVIOUSLY UNCIRCULATED

Automated Mailer noreply-bt.e at etree.org
Wed Dec 28 19:10:33 UTC 2016

Band:           Black Crowes
Torrent Name:   The Black Crowes 1995-05-27 Monterey, CA - Steve Hagar master PREVIOUSLY UNCIRCULATED
Uploaded by:    dorrcoq

Contact the seeder at http://db.etree.org/dorrcoq

The Black Crowes
Laguna Seca Days Music Festival
Laguna Seca Recreation Area
Monterey, CA
May 27, 1995
(Opened for Bob Dylan)

** 16 BIT **

Source:  Sonic Studios DSM-6P w/3-way lo-cut filter, position unknown (most likely @ 80hz, middle setting) > Sony WM-D6
Transfer:  Master cassettes (Maxell XL-IIS 100m) > Denon 790R > Kenwood A-522 amplifier > Kenwood GE-622 Equalizer > .WAV @ 16 bit/44.1 kHz
Mastering:  .WAV > Sound Forge Pro 11.0 (Build 299) [iZotope Mastering Suite (declick); minor edits, normalize, & fades] > CDWav tracking) >
            Trader's Little Helper (level 5) > FLAC > TagScanner 5.1 (tagging)
Location:  about 50 ft. from the stage, DFC, FOB
Recorded & transferred by: Steve "ballsdeep" Hagar
Mastered by: Dennis Orr

Setlist:
01 Black Moon Jam >
02 Black Moon Creeping
03 Gone
04 Sting Me
05 Title Song
06 Jam >
07 My Morning Song
08 Chat
09 Seeing Things
10 Wiser Time
11 Jealous Again
12 Mellow Down Easy
13 Hard To Handle
14 Chat
15 Remedy
16 Outro (1)

(1) The announcer says "One final thank you, please.  Let's hear it for Counting...Black Crowes".

Chris Robinson - lead vocals & harp
Rich Robinson - guitars & backing vocals
Marc Ford - guitars & backing vocals
Johnny Colt - bass & backing vocals
Ed Harsch - keyboards
Steve Gorman - drums

Venue Notes:
A racetrack that became a concert stage for a weekend, the Crowes played with the sun to their backs and the crowd to their faces, sandwiched between George Clinton (who I ran tape for) and Bob Dylan (who I didn't)...this show was a NO TAPING show (as per Dylan, hence why that mumbly fecker didn't get taped), so apologies are accepted for my scrotum and the like...

Recording Notes:
My FAVORITE Steve "drum sound" ever, he sounds like Bonham and then some. From the opening strains of the BMC jam, the band is on freakin' FIRE for a "festival" gig. "Title Song" is a total treat, and even "Mellow Down Easy" is like fire on the mountain. A MUST have if you're into "band chemistry".
Rating:	10/10

Mastering Notes:
Some very minor wind noise noticeable between songs.