[bittorrent] The Black Crowes 1996-09-24 Seattle, WA - Steve Hagar master FIRST TIME DIRECTLY FROM THE MASTER

Automated Mailer noreply-bt.e at etree.org
Fri Dec 9 15:29:14 UTC 2016

Band:           Black Crowes
Torrent Name:   The Black Crowes 1996-09-24 Seattle, WA - Steve Hagar master FIRST TIME DIRECTLY FROM THE MASTER
Uploaded by:    dorrcoq

Contact the seeder at http://db.etree.org/dorrcoq

The Black Crowes
Paramount Theatre
Seattle, WA
September 24, 1996

** 16 BIT **

Source:  Sonic Studios DSM-6P w/3-way lo-cut filter, position unknown (most likely @ 80hz, middle setting) > Sony WM-D6
Transfer:  Master cassettes (Maxell XL-IIS 100m) > Denon 790R > Kenwood A-522 amplifier > Kenwood GE-622 Equalizer > .WAV @ 16 bit/44.1 kHz
Mastering:  .WAV > Sound Forge Pro 11.0 (Build 299) [iZotope Mastering Suite (declick); minor edits, normalize, & fades] > CDWav (tracking) > Trader's Little Helper (level 5) > FLAC > TagScanner 5.1 (tagging)
Location:  2nd row, Rich's side, (THANKS Taller!)
Recorded & transferred by:  Steve "ballsdeep" Hagar
Mastered by:  Dennis Orr

Setlist:
01 Crowd/Tuning
02 Gone
03 One Mirror Too Many
04 Hotel Illness
05 Feathers
06 Jam >
07 My Morning Song
08 Tied Up And Swallowed
09 Black Moon Creeping
10 Jam >
11 Bring On, Bring On
12 Evil Eye
13 Sloppy Drunk (1)
14 Nonfiction
15 Hard To Handle
16 Encore Break
- Encore -
17 Girl From A Pawnshop
18 Torn And Frayed
19 Jealous Again

(1) First time played

Chris Robinson - lead vocals & harp
Rich Robinson - guitars & backing vocals
Marc Ford - guitars & backing vocals
Johnny Colt - bass & backing vocals
Ed Harsch - keyboards
Steve Gorman - drums

Steve's Show Notes (edited from his Crowesbase post):
- BR5-49 opened
- They just kept getting nicer, early 20th century style theater, great sound and sightlines all around
- While many fans LOVED the recording Chris Bold circulated, the setlist is superb AND its sound is above and beyond stellar, the performance on the whole was subpar and borderline sterile (especially compared to the next night in Vancouver).  Security was borderline militant, no cameras, no smoking, no smiling, no blinking, and NO BREATHING.  "Feathers" WAS a highlight though.  It was still a great show, it's just so many others on the tour were BETTER.
Rating :  9/10

"First Time Circulating From The Master" Notes:
- OK, this is an interesting one. This recording did circulate as part of the excellent and comprehensive Scott Weber ("Spider-Web") project, in which he collected the best sources for the 1996 shows, and mastered and torrented them. For this one, Scott listed the lineage as follows (which he believed to be correct):

Analog Master > DAT > Digital DAT Clone > .WAV > FLAC

Now, 20 years later, the truth comes out! I'll let Steve tell it:

"I sent Scott 2g cassette copies (made from my safeties), then he got 1g DAT transfers from my buddy Paul (who drank a lot back then), who promised he wouldn't trade them to Weber, but because I knew he'd get drunk and do so, I put "master" stickers on my 1g's and sent them to Paul!  He then transferred my "masters" and sent them to Weber. I restickered them when Paul sent them back."

So, bottom line is that while this source has circulated previously, THIS is the first time it will circulate on a transfer directly from the master cassettes!

Mastering Notes:
- Tape flip during the applause after "My Morning Song" - seamlessly spliced, no music lost.
- Tape flip during the "Encore break" - seamlessly spliced.