[bittorrent] The Black Crowes 1996-09-22 Portland, OR - Steve Hagar master FIRST TIME DIRECTLY FROM THE MASTERS

Automated Mailer noreply-bt.e at etree.org
Fri Dec 9 14:39:56 UTC 2016

Band:           Black Crowes
Torrent Name:   The Black Crowes 1996-09-22 Portland, OR - Steve Hagar master FIRST TIME DIRECTLY FROM THE MASTERS
Uploaded by:    dorrcoq

Contact the seeder at http://db.etree.org/dorrcoq

The Black Crowes
Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall
Portland, OR
September 22, 1996

** 16 BIT **

Source:  Sonic Studios DSM-6P w/3-way lo-cut filter, position unknown (most likely @ 80hz, middle setting) > Sony WM-D6
Transfer:  Master cassettes (Maxell XL-IIS 100m) > Denon 790R > Kenwood A-522 amplifier > Kenwood GE-622 Equalizer > .WAV @ 16 bit/44.1 kHz
Mastering:  .WAV > Sound Forge Pro 11.0 (Build 299) [iZotope Mastering Suite (declick); minor edits, normalize, & fades] > CDWav (tracking) > Trader's Little Helper (level 5) > FLAC > TagScanner 5.1 (tagging)
Location:  2nd row, between Chris and Marc (THANKS Taller!)
Recorded & transferred by:  Steve "ballsdeep" Hagar
Mastered by:  Dennis Orr

Setlist:
01 Share The Ride >
02 Mellow Down Easy
03 Under A Mountain
04 Just Say You're Sorry
05 Ballad In Urgency >
06 Wiser Time
07 Song Of The Flesh
08 Sting Me
09 Jam >
10 Thorn In My Pride
11 She Gave Good Sunflower
12 P.25 London
13 No Speak No Slave
14 Encore Break
- Encore -
15 How Much For Your Wings? (1)
16 Twice As Hard
17 Big Time
18 Remedy

(1) First time played

Chris Robinson - lead vocals & harp
Rich Robinson - guitars & backing vocals
Marc Ford - guitars & backing vocals
Johnny Colt - bass & backing vocals
Ed Harsch - keyboards
Steve Gorman - drums

Steve's Show Notes (edited from his Crowesbase post):
- BR5-49 opened
- Beautiful, ornate, Crowes-styled digs...while nowhere near as fancy as the Paramount the next night or the Orpheum the night after, it's still a premier venue in Portland
- This show hit like a ten-ton heavy thing, they finally shook off the cobwebs and hit on all cylinders.  A much stronger show than the setlist indicates, a very very rare "Song Of The Flesh", and a FTP "How Much For Your Wings?"  The Gorman/Braves fan between-song banter is priceless beyond belief.  This show is another must have.
Rating :  9/10

"First Time Circulating From The Master" Notes:
- OK, this is an interesting one. This recording did circulate as part of the excellent and comprehensive Scott Weber ("Spider-Web") project, in which he collected the best sources for the 1996 shows, and mastered and torrented them. For this one, Scott listed the lineage as follows (which he believed to be correct):

Analog Master > DAT > Digital DAT Clone > .WAV > FLAC

Now, 20 years later, the truth comes out! I'll let Steve tell it:

"I sent Scott 2g cassette copies (made from my safeties), then he got 1g DAT transfers from my buddy Paul (who drank a lot back then), who promised he wouldn't trade them to Weber, but because I knew he'd get drunk and do so, I put "master" stickers on my 1g's and sent them to Paul!  He then transferred my "masters" and sent them to Weber. I restickered them when Paul sent them back."

So, bottom line is that while this source has circulated previously, THIS is the first time it will circulate on a transfer directly from the master cassettes!

Mastering Notes:
- Tape flip after "Sting Me", applause faded out into the "Thorn In My Pride Jam" - no music lost.
- Tape flip during "Encore Break" - seamlessly spliced.