[bittorrent] The Black Crowes 1996-12-06 Lafayette, LA - Steve Hagar master FIRST TIME DIRECTLY FROM THE MASTERS

Automated Mailer noreply-bt.e at etree.org
Thu Dec 8 06:52:39 UTC 2016

Band:           Black Crowes
Torrent Name:   The Black Crowes 1996-12-06 Lafayette, LA - Steve Hagar master FIRST TIME DIRECTLY FROM THE MASTERS
Uploaded by:    dorrcoq

Contact the seeder at http://db.etree.org/dorrcoq

The Black Crowes
Heyman Performing Arts Center
Lafayette, LA
December 6, 1996

** 16 BIT **

Source:  Sonic Studios DSM-6P w/3-way lo-cut filter, position unknown (most likely @ 80hz, middle setting) > Sony WM-D6
Transfer:  Master cassettes (Maxell XL-IIS 100m) > Denon 790R > Kenwood A-522 amplifier > Kenwood GE-622 Equalizer > .WAV @ 16 bit/44.1 kHz
Mastering:  .WAV > Sound Forge Pro 11.0 (Build 299) [iZotope Mastering Suite (declick); splices, minor edits, normalize, & fades] > CDWav (tracking) > Trader's Little Helper (level 5) > FLAC > TagScanner 5.1 (tagging)
Location:  2nd row, DFC (THANKS Taller!)
Recorded & transferred by:  Steve "ballsdeep" Hagar
Mastered by:  Dennis Orr

Setlist:
01 One Mirror Too Many
02 Downtown Money Waster >
03 Share The Ride >
04 Gone
05 Feathers
06 Black Moon Jam >
07 Black Moon Creeping
08 Hotel Illness
09 Nonfiction >
10 Nonfiction Jam
11 Pimper's Paradise
12 P.25 London
13 Good Friday
14 A Conspiracy
15 The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down (1)
16 Blackberry
17 Encore Break
- Encore -
18 Jailhouse Rock
19 Twice As Hard

(1) First time played

Chris Robinson - lead vocals & harp
Rich Robinson - guitars & backing vocals
Marc Ford - guitars & backing vocals
Johnny Colt - bass & backing vocals
Ed Harsch - keyboards
Steve Gorman - drums

Steve's Show Notes (edited from his Crowesbase post):
- Gov't Mule opened
- Really nice PAC, much better than the actual town of Lafayette...
- This is my one "gem" from the tour, no other tapers and a VERY "swampy" setlist that fit the region to a tee, a GREAT FTP ("Dixie"), 5 songs from Amorica, a SICK "Black Moon Creeping", finished up with an Elvis encore.  Oh yeah, and a very creepy "Feathers", too.  This show reminds me a lot of the Florida run the week before, except with less rarities, just a sweet overall performance!
Rating :  9/10

"First Time Circulating From The Master" Notes:
- OK, this is an interesting one.  This recording did circulate as part of the excellent and comprehensive Scott Weber ("Spider-Web") project, in which he collected the best sources for the 1996 shows, and mastered and torrented them.  For this one, Scott listed the lineage as follows  (which he believed to be correct):

Analog Master > DAT > Digital DAT Clone > .WAV > FLAC

Now, 20 years later, the truth comes out!  I'll let Steve tell it:

"I sent Scott 2g cassette copies (made from my safeties), then he got 1g DAT transfers from my buddy Paul (who drank a lot back then), who promised he wouldn't trade them to Weber, but because I knew he'd get drunk and do so, I put "master" stickers on my 1g's and sent them to Paul!  He then transferred my "masters" and sent them to Weber.  I restickered them when Paul sent them back."

So, bottom line is that while this source has circulated previously, THIS is the first time it will circulate on a transfer directly from the master cassettes!

Mastering Notes:
- Tape flip during the applause after "Hotel Illness" - seamlessly spliced, no music lost.
- Tape flip during the "Encore Break" applause - seamlessly spliced.