[bittorrent] Steep Canyon Rangers 2016-10-08 The Festy 7 - Skyline Tent (AKG-C480B's, miced stacks)

Automated Mailer noreply-bt.e at etree.org
Sun Dec 4 04:20:11 UTC 2016

Band:           Other
Torrent Name:   Steep Canyon Rangers 2016-10-08 The Festy 7 - Skyline Tent (AKG-C480B's, miced stacks)
Uploaded by:    btet

Contact the seeder at http://db.etree.org/btet

This is the last of my recordings from this year's The Festy Experience. Hope you enjoyed them.

One thing I like about this particular recording is the jam following Diamonds in the Dust gives a sweet taste of what micing the stacks is all about. It includes a mandolin solo during which the sound engineer pans the mandolin back and forth between the left and right channels. While it would have been somewhat audible in an ambient recording, micing the stacks gives the effect clear as daylight, while preserving the live sound missing in a sterile soundboard recording.  I'm hoping to start doing this setup next year at Redwing, when I go there for the first time.

Steep Canyon Rangers
10/7/2016
The Festy Experience 7 - Skyline Tent Stage
Oak Ridge Farm
Arrington, VA

SRC: AKG-C480B's (CK-61 cards) directly in front of speaker stacks > Tascam DR-40 > 24 bit/96 khz WAV
Lineage: Resampled to 44.1 khz (steep curve, very high quality, min. phase, dither (shibata filter)) and exported to 16 bit in SoX > FLAC

CD 1:

1. Tuning, intro
2. Long Shot
3. Rescue Me