[bittorrent] The Black Crowes 1996-12-08 Austin, TX Steve Hagar master PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED

Automated Mailer noreply-bt.e at etree.org
Sun Dec 4 04:06:42 UTC 2016

Band:           Black Crowes
Torrent Name:   The Black Crowes 1996-12-08 Austin, TX Steve Hagar master PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED
Uploaded by:    dorrcoq

Contact the seeder at http://db.etree.org/dorrcoq

The Black Crowes
Austin City Coliseum
Austin, TX
December 8, 1996

** 16 BIT **

Source:  Sonic Studios DSM-6P w/3-way lo-cut filter, position unknown (most likely @ 80hz, middle setting) > Sony WM-D6
Transfer:  Master cassettes (Maxell XL-IIS 100m) > Denon 790R > Kenwood A-522 amplifier > Kenwood GE-622 Equalizer > .WAV @ 16 bit/44.1 kHz
Mastering:  .WAV > Sound Forge Pro 11.0 (Build 299) [iZotope Mastering Suite (declick); minor edits, normalize, & fades] > CDWav (tracking) > Trader's Little Helper (level 5) > FLAC > TagScanner 5.1 (tagging)
Location:  Slightly left of DFC, 40 ft. back from stage
Recorded & transferred by:  Steve "ballsdeep" Hagar
Mastered by:  Dennis Orr

Setlist:
01 Better When You're Not Alone
02 Downtown Money Waster >
03 Share The Ride >
04 Mellow Down Easy
05 P.25 London
06 Girl From A Pawnshop
07 Thick N' Thin
08 Hollow Day Jam >
09 Bring On, Bring On
10 Just Say You're Sorry
11 How Much For Your Wings?
12 No Speak No Slave
13 Evil Eye
14 The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
15 Chris's Rant
16 Blackberry
17 Encore Break
- Encore -
18 Sometimes Salvation
19 Remedy

Chris Robinson - lead vocals & harp
Rich Robinson - guitars & backing vocals
Marc Ford - guitars & backing vocals
Johnny Colt - bass & backing vocals
Ed Harsch - keyboards
Steve Gorman - drums

Steve's Show Notes (edited from his Crowesbase post):
- Gov't Mule opened
- The venue was basically an old 40's-50's era gymnasium (replete with wooden floor) that was torn down soon after this show, which is kinda sad, as for that type of venue it's acoustics were FAR above average.
- This show, to me, was a diamond in the rough...reminds me of Tulsa a lot in terms of song selection, they hammered out all 16 songs in UNDER 90 minutes, just one right after the other...and you can tell from how Marc's solo sounds during the opening number that this show is gonna be a little different...my source should hands down be the best of the ones out there, as all the mic stands were at the back of the "coliseum", over 100 ft. from the stage...it sounded a bit boomier back there for the Mule so I moved forward, with fantastic results.
Rating:  9/10

Mastering Notes:
- Steve lost or misplaced the second master cassette, so the final 11:30 (everything after the second tape flip) are from his 1st generation
safety copy.
- Tape flip during the applause after "Bring On, Bring On" - seamlessly spliced, no music lost.
- Tape flip during the applause after "Blackberry" (during the encore break) - seamlessly spliced, no music lost.