[bittorrent] ph1989-11-03.SBD.2118.shnf

Automated Mailer noreply-bt.e at etree.org
Sat Apr 22 12:48:43 UTC 2017

Band:           Phish
Torrent Name:   ph1989-11-03.SBD.2118.shnf
Uploaded by:    beerman

Contact the seeder at http://db.etree.org/beerman

PHiSH
11-03-89
Tree Cafe - Portland, ME

Source:
    Set 1: SBD > Cass/0 > DAT
    Set 2p: SBD > Cass/x > DAT
Transfer: Tascam DA-20mkII > ZA2 > SF4.5 > CDWav > SHN
A>D: Nakamichi CR1A > Sony PCM-M1

Transfer by Jimmy Sellers (pjimmy at delanet.com)
Fixes by Ben Mohr (bmohr at udel.edu)
Taped (Set 1) by Forrest Tinsley
A>D Transfer by Will Herrmann

---------------------------------------
Disc 1:                       (72:47)
---------------------------------------
-Set 1-
1. tuning/drink orders         (00:49)
2. /Colonel Forbin's Ascent -> (06:38)
3. Famous Mockingbird ->       (06:22)
4. Bathtub Gin                 (05:57)
5. My Sweet One                (02:19)
6. Split Open and Melt ->      (07:44)
7. Clod -> Bundle of Joy       (01:50)
8. You Enjoy Myself            (15:37)
9. Punch You in the Eye^       (07:49)
10. Reba*                      (12:42)
11. Golgi Apparatus            (04:54)

---------------------------------------
Disc 2:                       (33:19)
---------------------------------------
-Set 2 partial-
1. David Bowie**               (16:49)
2. No Dogs Allowed             (03:27)
3. Oh Kee Pa Ceremony          (01:56)
4. The Sloth                   (03:32)
5. Foam                        (07:34)

^ Referred to as Punch Me in the Eye at end of song
* With additional verse and instrumental section (as on 10-01-89) which became
   the song "Don't Get Me Wrong" on the Dude of Life's "Crimes of the Mind" album.
** With "Sesame Street Theme" and "Manteca" teases.

Notes:
-Fantastic sound quality with no noticeable hiss in set 1!!!
-I received this show as Cass/0 for both sets but after comparing the hiss levels,
  it is apparent that set 2 has gone through more cassette gens than Set 1.  After
  referencing the Phish SBD's in Circulation list, which lists set 2 as Cass/x, I have
  notated the show as the same.
-There is some background noise in set 1 seemingly due to another band playing (mostly
  in right channel of mix and most noticeable between tracks and during d1t10).
-Tape flip d1t08 15:07 (46:46)
-Volume drop in d2t04 0:05-0:11 right channel only
-Muffled sound in d2t05 5:44-6:00
-In Set 2, the right channel is lower than the left but I left that alone to avoid
  having a higher hiss level in the right.
-Set 2 is incomplete, but the rest of the songs are unknown.

Fixes:
-Removed 'thump' in R channel in d1t09 4:55 (0.105 sec) by replacing R channel
  with L channel
-In set 2, performed Cool Edit hiss reduction based on noise floor sample in d2t03
  with a hiss reduction factor of 6.5 dB