[bittorrent] gd April 13 shnids: 32077(1971), 126161(garcia 1979), 23849(1983)

Automated Mailer noreply-bt.e at etree.org
Thu Apr 13 15:59:56 UTC 2017

Band:           Grateful Dead
Torrent Name:   gd April 13 shnids: 32077(1971), 126161(garcia 1979), 23849(1983)
Uploaded by:    JayH

Contact the seeder at http://db.etree.org/JayH

The Grateful Dead
4-13-1971
The Catholic Youth Center
Scranton PA
gd71-04-13.sbd.bertha-ashley.sbeok.flac16

Bertha Remaster of the Master Reel source (shn ID 32015)

SBD > MR > DAT > FLAC > DAW(Bertha) > Audio DVD > DVD Audio Extractor v.3.3.2
(audio files extracted prior to burning to DVD disc) > 24/48 wav >
downsampled to 44.1 wav with Wave Lab v.5.00a > dithered to from 24-16 bit
depth with Wave Lab UV22 HR Plugin > SBEs fixed with shntool v.2.0.3 (by set)
> files rennamed with File Renamer v.1.0.0 > FLAC encoding with
FLAC Frontend v.1.7.1 Etree Edition, FLAC v.1.1.2 (level 6)
(1 disc .flac/2 discs .wav)

--Set 1--
d1t01 - //Casey Jones
d1t02 - Mama Tried
d1t03 - Loser
d1t04 - Big Boss Man
d1t05 - Me & Bobbie McGee
d1t06 - Bertha
d1t07 - Cumberland Blues
d1t08 - //Big Railroad Blues
d1t09 - Playing in the Band
d1t10 - Hard to Handle
d1t11 - Sugar Magnolia

--Set 2--
d2t01 - //Truckin' ->
d2t02 - Drums ->
d2t03 - Good Lovin'
d2t04 - I Second that Emotion
d2t05 - Greatest Story Ever Told ->
d2t06 - Johnny B. Goode
d2t07 - //Uncle John's Band

Jay's Notes:

Digitally Remastered using a custom built, Dual-DAW, nicknamed Bertha,
by jashley at deadacated.com.  Completed January 6, 2006.

Frequency analysis revealed a strange upward slope from around 12khz out
beyond 22khz. This is why the high end is so bright and tinny sounding.
It's not known what caused this, though, it is not very common to see this
on a master reel source. Perhaps the recorder had an extended range setting
that was set improperly or possibly recorded with dolby and played back
without dolby.  In any case, the curve was corrected, making for a more
natural sounding high end.

The mix is all over the place, sometimes perfect and sometimes overdriven
and badly distorted. Together with the cuts, somebody must have been a bit
too Stoned.  And at the Catholic Center no less...the shame. LOL!

>From the original text file, prior to Bertha Remastering:

MSR>DAT3x>Delta Dio 2496 soundcard>Soundforge>Flac

This is the complete show. A couple of seconds are missing at the start of
four songs

The original Audio DVD as well as the CD version are available at
http://server2.deadacated.com:9000/index.html
Thanks to Jay Ashley for all his hard work on this show!
CD version created 2006-01-10 by Gary F.

Reconstruction, Rainbow Theater, Denver
April 13, 1979

Cass master-TDK SA> TDK AD cass recorded on Sony 158SD deck

What You Wont Do For Love
Soul Roach
Lovely Night For Dancin
Instrumental
Struggling Man
Aint That Lovin You
Long Train Running> Fast Tone
Its No Use

I recorded this on August 11,1979 while out for the Red Rocks shows. I was staying with a guy who worked at the Rainbow.

Grateful Dead 4-13-83 Patrick Gym UVM  Burlington, VT

	set 1
	CD1
jack straw
they love each other
beat it on down the line
west l. a. fadeaway
mama tried
cumberland blues
ramble on rose
fra from me
brother esau
might as well

	set 2
scarlet begonias>>
fire on the mountain
estimated prophet>>
eyes of the world>>
maybe you know>>drumz>>space>>
morning dew>>
throwing stones>>
good lovin'
	encore
touch of grey

any song help send to  usalai at nycap.rr.com
thanks to Dr.B.Fried for lending me the masters.
conversion by mike lai