[bittorrent] Chris Robinson Brotherhood 2011-05-06 - San Luis Obispo, CA (at831)

Automated Mailer noreply-bt.e at etree.org
Thu May 19 13:25:18 MDT 2011

Band:           Chris Robinson
Torrent Name:   Chris Robinson Brotherhood 2011-05-06 - San Luis Obispo, CA (at831)
Uploaded by:    klingklang

Contact the seeder at http://db.etree.org/klingklang

Chris Robinson Brotherhood

SLO Brew,
San Luis Obispo, CA
May 6, 2011

Lineage:  SP-CMC-2 (AT831) > SP-SPSB-8 (roll-off @ 69Hz) > Edirol R-09HR (@ 24bit/48kHz) > Audacity (fades, eq, export as 16bit/44.1kHz) > TLH (flac level 8)
Taper:  klingklang
Location:  Set 1: about 8' from the stage, right side ; Set 2: about 7' from the stage, right side

Set One:
01. Tulsa Yesterday
02. Tumbleweed In Eden
03. Little Lizzie Mae
04. Star Or Stone
05. Tomorrow Blues
06. Tough Mama
07. Beware
08. Rosalee

Set Two:
01. Hot Buttered Biscuit
02. Vibration & Light Suite
03. Ride
04. I Aint Hiding
05. They Love Each Other
06. If Your Wheel Don't Roll
07. Star Crossed Lonely Sailor
08. Sunday Sound
09. encore
10. Mississippi, You're On My Mind

Notes:

There is audience chatter in the background, but there are specific moments that are directly invasive: a woman I had been talking to before the show
can be heard at the beginning of each set; after "Beware" when she started talking to me (she later apologized for forgetting that I was taping); and lastly in "They Love Each Other" when she explains to a woman taking photos that Chris had requested people to stop taking pics.  There was also a group to my left that wouldn't shut up (you'll hear a girl talking rather loudly during "Star Or Stone").  I moved forward during the intermission in the hopes of getting in front of them, which is why my location changed by a foot between sets.  But during the encore, that same loud girl ended up on my left again and she screams a lot during the encore and in "Mississippi."  In "Vibration & Light Suite," someone near me started clapping on the beat during two sections of the song.  It might sound like pops, but it's not.

Chris had a justifiably bad outburst in "Star Crossed Lonely Sailor."  To explain, this venue usually has a DJ play on the weekends around 11pm.  CRB was scheduled to finish by 11:30pm, so around 11:10, the DJ started setting up--something that involved a distracting method of moving a DJ booth out to the edge of the platform that extends from the right side of the stage (where about a dozen people had been sitting).  So there was the DJ, the sound man and some staff members all up on this platform either setting the booth up or making people move off of the platform.  There is also a short moment of phasing in the same song from when I had to turn to make way for the staff as they left the stage.

I applied very minor eq to some peaks in the wave, but did nothing else to the recording.