[bittorrent] Los Lobos 2010-12-31 - City Winery, NYC **fob-schoeps** VGRM06 "One more NYE show for everyone!!!!"

Automated Mailer noreply-bt.e at etree.org
Wed Jan 26 17:43:33 MST 2011

Band:           Los Lobos
Torrent Name:   Los Lobos  2010-12-31 - City Winery, NYC  **fob-schoeps**  VGRM06  "One more NYE show for everyone!!!!"
Uploaded by:    mmwarchives

Contact the seeder at http://db.etree.org/mmwarchives

Los Lobos
12/31/10 -
City Winery, NYC

Disc 1:
   7:30 show-
1. intro
2. Tin Can Trust>
3. One Time, One Night
4. Chuco's Cumbia
5. Matter Of Time
6. Maricela
7. The Valley #
8. Shakin' Shakin' Shakes
9. Emily
10. Yo Canto
11. Dream In Blue>
12. Kiko & the Lavender Moon

Disc 2:
   7:30 show(con't)-
1. Let's Say Goodnight
2. Mexico Americano>
3. Volver, Volver
4. Don't Worry Baby>
5. Not Fade Away>
6. Bertha
7.E: This Time>
8.    Waiting In Vain
   11:00 show-
9. tuning, intro
10. Manny's Bones
11. Chuco's Cumbia
12. Will the Wolf Survive?
13. Everybody Loves a Train
14. Luz De Mi Vida

Disc 3:
   11:00 show(con't)-
1. Jupiter Or the Moon
2. Papa Was a Rolling Stone>
3. I Can't Understand>
4. Boogie Children(boogie chillun)>
5. NYE Countdown>
6. I Got Loaded **
7. Evangeline
8. 'dazed & confused' tease
9. Ay Te Dejo En San Antonio
10. Volver, Volver
11. On Main Street
12. Mas y Mas>
13. La Bamba @
14.E: Cinnamon Girl
15. short line check before late show

#=dedicated to Jerry Meranus
**=w/ "lovelight" rap
@=w/ "Good Lovin'"

David Hidalgo - guitars, accordion, percussion, bass, keys, melodica,
                                drums, violin, banjo, requinto jarocho, vox
Cesar Rosas - guitars, mandolin, bajo sexto, vox
Louie Pérez - drums, guitars, percussion, jarana huasteca, vox
Conrad Lozano - bass, guitarron, vox
Steve Berlin - saxophones, percussion, flute, midisax, harmonica, melodica

schoeps cmc64(split on poles directly in front of each PA, 23' from stage,
11' high)>SD 744t>firewire>WAV>SF 10.0(EQ, PD&Norm, 48k>44.1k)>FLAC
recorded, & mast/remastered by Bill Mulvey
MMW-Ribot Archives--vanillag at hotmail.com
Special thanks to Dan Gale & Los Lobos for being so cool
about everything & helping to make this recording happen.

Note:  After getting my mics hung up in place, I noticed that the venue had
installed & was using a new, very powerful air conditioning vent system in
the ceiling which I discovered was affecting my right mic(making the level flutter).
I asked management if this was going to be on throughout the show & he told
me, "Yes, periodically."  Strange that they would want this on so cold & powerful
on New Year's Eve, but anyway, & had to go with what I set up as people were
being sat at the tables & I could not get the huge ladder back out at that point...yes,
I had heavy-duty schoeps windscreens on the mics.  Anyway, I have never dealt
with that much indoor wind & I feared the worst as the level meter on the 744t is
so sensitive & made it look really terrible.  In the end it is truthfully not that bad at all
when it happens & only really noticable when they are not playing(the force of
the music trumps the force of the AC!!).  In between shows, I found a very thick
piece of styrofoam in the basement of the place & rigged it up to the left of the
right mic's clamp to misdirect the flow.  Pretty good...it didn't stop the wind 100%,
but it did make it next to negligible while not covering the mic from the music.

The Boys from East LA played really well & ushered in the New Year in high style.
I recorded the late show while I was running sound across town & recording for
Marc Ribot's jazz NYE show, taping 'in absentia' utilizing the 744t's internal timer.

Enjoy, amigos!!

VGRM series:
VGRM01 - Mago(Martin Medeski) 2007-05-12 - Japan
VGRM02 - Ryan Adams & the Cardinals 2006-10-17 - Germany
VGRM03 - Schleigho 2010-06-25 - NYC
VGRM04 - Club d'Elf 2008-03-13 - Cambridge, MA("10th Anniversary")
VGRM05 - Schleigho 2003-10-16 - Albany, NY