[bittorrent] 2008-07-26 - My Morning Jacket - Pemby Five-Oh - [FLAC] [16 BIT]

Automated Mailer noreply-bt.e at etree.org
Sun Jan 9 04:01:10 MST 2011

Band:           My Morning Jacket
Torrent Name:   2008-07-26 - My Morning Jacket - Pemby Five-Oh - [FLAC] [16 BIT]
Uploaded by:    seth01

Contact the seeder at http://db.etree.org/seth01

16 bit / 44100 Hz version
STEREO

Artist/Band: My Morning Jacket

Date: 2008-07-26 (Saturday)
Title: Pemby Five-Oh
Venue: 1st Pemberton Music Festival - Outdoors - Pemberton, British Columbia, Canada
Estimated attendance: 3500
Type: Open-Air Audience/Stealth
Source: Church Audio ST-11 cardiod mics > Church Audio 9100 v3.0 pre-amp with bass roll off turned off > Edirol R-09 (24/48)
Transfer: Adobe Audition 3.0 (tracking, fades, downsampling) > Trader's Little Helper v.2.4.1 build 160 (flac 8, fix SBE's & create .ffp and .md5 files)
Recording location: FOB - approx. 15 to 20 metres from stage & 1 metre left of center
Sound Quality: EX-, B+, 7.5/10 - Despite the rating, the sound on this is quite good so don't let it scare you off at all.  I just couldn't justify giving it better due to some wind that occasionally hit the mics as well as a minor bit of being out of phase.  It was truly unfortunate that security wouldn't let me open tape here as I would have certainly gotten a better recording.
Recordist: Seth Meister
Mastered by: Seth Meister
Artwork by: Moonwall
Release date: 2009-02-14
All photos taken by Seth Meister

Band Members:
Jim James – vocals, lead and rhythm guitars
Tom Blankenship – bass
Patrick Hallahan – drums
Bo Koster – keyboards
Carl Broemel – guitar

Please support artists by attending concerts & purchasing their official merchandise:
http://www.mymorningjacket.com
http://www.myspace.com/mymorningjacket
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_morning_jacket

---------------------------------
Setlist:
00 - Mr. Scruff intro - 1:39
01 - Evil Urges - 5:00
02 - Off The Record - 6:17
03 - Gideon - 3:54
04 - Wordless Chorus - 4:18
05 - Golden - 5:18
06 - Smokin From Shootin - 4:56
07 - Touch Me I'm Going To Scream Pt.2 - 7:06
08 - Anytime - 4:04
09 - One Big Holiday - 6:21

Total Time: 48:58
Total .wav size: 	494 MB
Total .flac(8) size: 	252 MB

For me, this band was the discovery of the festival.  Somehow, MMJ had escaped me and I didn't know any of their music.  I've been told that these guys like to jam and can turn a 5 minute song into 45 minutes.  Now that's my kind of band!  Unfortunately, they were only given a 45 minute long set.  They had apparently played a >3 hours set earlier at the Coachella festival (or was it the Glastonbury fest?) so there were a lot of people crying about the short set.  Their energy was awesome, the vocals were awesome, their beards were awesome, their bear was awesome and there music just left me smiling and wanting more.  Somehow, they managed to get 9 songs in this short time and did I mention that they were awesome.  I just saw sooooo much potential in this band and can't believe that I was never made aware of them.  I guess this old dinosaur needs to come up for air from the sea of Pink Floyd once in a while and see what else is out there.  The first thing I did when I got home
  was buy a bunch of their albums.  Are they even called albums anymore?

It rained and was windy during this show and of course this made me anxious about my mics.