[bittorrent] gd78-11-24.32876prefm.ashley-bertha-field.sbeok.t-flac16

Automated Mailer noreply-bt.e at etree.org
Tue Apr 12 07:23:07 MDT 2011

Band:           Grateful Dead
Torrent Name:   gd78-11-24.32876prefm.ashley-bertha-field.sbeok.t-flac16
Uploaded by:    germain
DB Link:        http://db.etree.org/shn/32876

Contact the seeder at http://db.etree.org/germain

This is a tagged version of shnid: 32876

Grateful Dead
11-24-1978
Capitol Theater
Passaic NJ

"Bertha Remaster Series"

Bertha Remaster of the PreFM Source (shn id 13948)

SBD(PreFM) > MR>DAT > CDA > Wav(EAC) > SHN > DAW(Bertha) > Audio DVD >
DVD Audio Extractor v.3.3.2 (audio files extracted prior to burning
to DVD disc) > 24/48 wav > downsampled to 44.1 wav with Wave Lab v.5.00a >
dithered from 24 to 16 bit depth with Wave Lab UV22 HR Plugin >
SBEs fixed with shntool v.2.0.3 (by set) > FLAC encoding with
FLAC Frontend v.1.7.1 Etree Edition, FLAC v.1.1.2 (level 8)
(2 discs flac, 3 discs audio)

--Set 1--
101-d1t01 Jack Straw
102-d1t02 Sugaree
103-d1t03 Me & My Uncle ->
104-d1t04 Big River
105-d1t05 Stagger Lee
106-d1t06 Passenger
107-d1t07 Candyman
108-d1t08 New Minglewood Blues
109-d1t09 From the Heart of Me
110-d2t01 Loser
111-d2t02 The Promised Land

--Set 2--
201-d2t03 I Need a Miracle ->
202-d2t04 Good Lovin'
203-d2t05 Friend of the Devil
204-d3t01 Estimated Prophet ->
205-d3t02 Shakedown Street ->
206-d3t03 Drums* ->
207-d3t04 Ollin Arrageed* ->
208-d3t05 Fire on the Mountain* ->
209-d3t06 Sugar Magnolia

--Encore--
210-d3t07 Johnny B.Goode

Digitally Remastered by jashley at deadacated.com. Completed 3/3/2006.

The original source has a large amount of audio level compression applied.
I searched for a source without compression but was unable to find one.
I checked 5 different sourlces, including one on DAT that was obtained 14
years ago and it had the same compression signature.  This means the
audio level compression was applied a long time ago and all subsequent
copies have been derived from that source.

The audio level compression was corrected to the extent possible.

There is an irritating 6khz noise that exists throughout the original source.
This was removed on the Bertha Remaster making for a much more enjoyable
listening experience.

The complete PreFM was used for the Bertha Remaster, which means the same
defects, that exist in Me and My Uncle and Big Rivevr, remain.

Enjoy!
jay