[bittorrent] Jason Isbell and The 400 Unit 2011-04-08 Shoals Theater, Florence, Ala.

Automated Mailer noreply-bt.e at etree.org
Sat Apr 9 09:21:13 MDT 2011

Band:           Other
Torrent Name:   Jason Isbell and The 400 Unit 2011-04-08 Shoals Theater, Florence, Ala.
Uploaded by:    tdwriter

Contact the seeder at http://db.etree.org/tdwriter

Jason Isbell and The 400 Unit
2011-04-08
Shoals Theater
Florence, Ala.

Avantone CK-1 (cardoid) > Fostex FR-2LE (24/48)
FOB/DFC; mics at ~ 6 1/2-feet high; ~ 30-feet from stage
CF > HDD > Wavelab 6 > CD WAVE > FLAC > Traders' Little Helper

*** A Team Dirty South Recording ***

First Set:

01 Go It Alone
02 Try
03 Grown
04 Alabama Pines
05 Goddamn Lonely Love
06 The Magician
07 Hey Pocky Way
08 Outfit
09 Heart On A String
10 Gum On My Shoe > Band Intros
11 Decoration Day

Running Time: 1:02

Second Set:

01 Intro
02 Codeine *
03 Dress Blues
04 Danko Manuel
05 Psycho Killer
06 Never Gonna Change >
07 Stone Free >
08 Never Gonna Change
09 Encore Break
10 Cigarettes and Wine
11 Atlantic City

Running Time: 1:01

* with Doc Dailey

Jason, Jimbo, Browan, Chad and Derry were celebrating the release of "Here We Rest" in their hometown at the historic Shoals Theater, where I used to see movies as a kid.

They opened with "Go It Alone" from the new album and ran though an hour of choice selections from Jason's first two records, including an unexpected cover tune, "Hey Pocky Way" featuring Chad on vocals. The song was inserted into the set so Jason could change a string. Near the end of the set, a breaker blew during the "Decoration Day" guitar solo causing the PA levels to drop noticeably.

The second set began with "Codeine," one of my favorites from "Here We Rest." Doc Dailey from Doc Dailey and Magnolia Devil joined in on acoustic guitar. Jimbo played an upright bass. They closed out with "Cigarettes and Wine" and a nice "Atlantic City."

Doc Dailey and Magnolia Devil and Dillon Hodges opened the show.

enjoy!

MSTaper

Tape > Share > Support!