[bittorrent] Dave Matthews Band, Citifield, Flushing, Queens, NY 7/17/2010 Neumann TLM170 FOB center sweet spot flac16

Automated Mailer noreply-bt.e at etree.org
Mon Jul 19 22:35:48 MDT 2010

Band:           Dave Matthews Band
Torrent Name:   Dave Matthews Band, Citifield, Flushing, Queens, NY 7/17/2010 Neumann TLM170 FOB center sweet spot flac16
Uploaded by:    scott_bernsteiN at hotmail.com

Contact the seeder at http://db.etree.org/scott_bernsteiN@hotmail.com

Dave Matthews Band
CitiField
Flushing, Queens, NY
7/17/2010

Neumann TLM170(hypercardoid, FOB approx 60' from stage, dead center) -> Sound Devices 722(@24/96); FLAC File processing in SoundForge Audio Studio 10.0b (volume normalization; resample to 44.1 with iZotope 64-Bit SRC set higher than "Highest Quality" setting w/anti-alias filter; 24->16 bit dither using iZotope MBIT+ with Ultra noise shaping, High dither settings); Tracked in CDWav.

1.  The Stone *
2.  Warehouse
3.  One Sweet World
4.  Funny The Way It Is
5.  Seek Up
6.  Seven
7.  banter - nachos grande
8.  Squirm
9.  banter - Dave butters up the audience
10. Crash Into Me
11. You Might Die Trying
12. Proudest Monkey -> +
13. Satellite
14. Spaceman
15. Dancing Nancies
16. Gravedigger
17. Black Jack (partial) ^
18. Stay (Wasting Time)
19. banter - nice to be here for the first time
20. Two Step #
21. band intros/encore break
22. Some Devil %
23. Shake Me Like A Monkey
24. All Along The Watchtower $

* = crowd singalong "I Can't Help Falling In Love..." at end
+ = w/"New York, New York" interpolation
^ = apparently the first performance of a new song, but only partially played
# = w/"Time Bomb" lyrics in intro
% = Dave performed this solo
$ = w/"Good Good Time" interpolation

There is a touch of wind later on in the show.  The windscreens did their job in keeping the wind off of the recording, but you can hear the sound blowing around a bit in the 2nd half of the show.  The local crowd was a little raucous at the beginning but quickly quiets down (and I continued to raise the height of my stand bit by bit as well).  I think the sound really locks in and the crowd calms down right around "One Sweet World" and it's pretty smooth sailing afterwards.  I must say that for a recording from a stadium, this sounds pretty spectacular.  Fat bass, crisp highs (listen to the cymbals), clear vocals and acoustic guitar, BIG drums....it's all there....It was a good night for me, as the material definitely had an old-school focus.

Recorded, mastered, and tracked by Scott Bernstein