[bittorrent] Deadicace with Barry Melton and Chris Byers SOLStock 10th July 2009

Automated Mailer noreply-bt.e at etree.org
Tue Jul 14 06:41:48 MDT 2009

Band:           Other
Torrent Name:   Deadicace with Barry Melton and Chris Byers SOLStock 10th July 2009
Uploaded by:    SIRMick

Contact the seeder at http://db.etree.org/SIRMick

Deadicace
with Barry Melton And Chris Byers
SOLstock Festival - A Celebration of the 40th Anniversary of Woodstock, presented by Summer Of Love Party
Hawkhurst, Kent, England
July 10th, 2009
(Almost) Acoustic Set

Source: aud > Sony ECM-MS957s > Sony WM-D6 > mac
              taped 2 feet from left front corner of soundboard, by John Bleich
Lineage: mac > Nakamichi BX-125E > Wavelab > wav 24/96 > Wavelab with iZotope Ozone >
               iZotope RX Advanced > wav 16/44.1 > CD Wave > TLH > flac16

Disc 1
Soundcheck

01   I Know You Rider

Set

02   intro/tuning
03   Deep Elem Blues
04   Deal
05   band intros
06   Friend Of The Devil
07   Bird//Song
08   Barry Melton intro > Barry explains what an acoustic performance is > Ramblin' Jack Elliot story
09   New York Town
10   Barry talking
11   Jesse James
12   Got Love
13   The Cuckoo Bird
14   I Can't Dance
15   He's Gone

Disc 2

01   My Sisters And Brothers
02   Boys In The Barroom (first verse) > Jack-A-Roe
03   Gomorrah
04   Russian Lullaby
05   Butcher's Boy
06   //O Death
07   "the banjo is not a real instrument"/tuning/banter
08   Cumberland Blues
09   banter/tuning/refreshment break
10   Mountains Of The Moon >
11   Uncle John's Band
12   outro

Bill Giles - keyboards, vocals
Charles Jannic - bass
Jean-Michel Laugier - keyboards, saxophone, vocals
Alex Manconi - guitar, vocals
Stéphane Missri - guitar, banjo, vocals
Christophe Rossi - drums

guests:

Barry "The Fish" Melton - guitar, vocals
Chris Byers (sp?) - mandolin

http://www.ridethewind.org/Deadicace.htm
http://www.counterculture.net/thefish/
http://www.solparty.org.uk/

Notes:

- tape flip in Bird Song crossfaded
- tape flip after "I Can't Dance" crossfaded
- the start of "O Death" is cut due to a tape problem, very little is missing
- seamless change between discs

Comments:

This set was the highlight of the weekend for me, it includes very nice versions of "Bird Song" and "The Cuckoo Bird".
"Gomorrah" is pretty hot as well.

Many thanks to John for lending me his masters

transferred, edited and mastered
SIRMick
July 2009