[bittorrent] Phish 12/30/1993 Cumberland County Civic Center, Portland, ME ~MATRIX~ *Project 93*

Automated Mailer noreply-bt.e at etree.org
Sat Jul 4 12:06:42 MDT 2009

Band:           Phish
Torrent Name:   Phish 12/30/1993 Cumberland County Civic Center, Portland, ME ~MATRIX~ *Project 93*
Uploaded by:    TheIguana
DB Link:        http://db.etree.org/shn/27691

Contact the seeder at http://db.etree.org/TheIguana

Cumberland County Civic Center
Portland, ME
December 30, 1993

SBD + AUD Matrix Mix (50%-SBD/50%-AUD)

Disc 1 - Set 1
01 [12:23] David Bowie
02 [05:21] Weigh
03 [06:20] The Curtain >
04 [05:03] Sample in a Jar
05 [04:19] Paul and Silas
06 [11:55] Colonel Forbin's Ascent >
07 [06:31] Famous Mockingbird >
08 [06:00] Rift >
09 [11:09] Bathtub Gin
10 [04:16] Freebird
TT [73:16]

Disc 2 - Set 2
01 [03:27] Also Sprach Zarathustra >
02 [12:15] Mike's Song->
03 [02:16] The Horse->
04 [04:45] Silent in the Morning
05 [07:11] Punch You in the Eye >
06 [08:53] McGrupp and the Watchful Hosemasters >
07 [07:31] Weekapaug Groove (with Vocal Jam)
08 [05:31] Purple Rain >
09 [01:15] HYHU
10 [10:15] Slave to the Traffic Light
   Encore
11 [02:22] Rocky Top >
12 [06:12] Good Times Bad Times
TT [71:51]

Source Info

SBD
Source: SBD > DAT > Cassette > DAT

AUD
Taper: Eliot Byron
Source: FOB Schoeps cmc5/mk4 -> Sonosax -> AD500 -> D10

Tech notes

I used EAC in secure mode to extract all tracks at 100%
no reported errors.  Cool Edit Pro 2.0 was used to align &
synch both of the sources.  This is a 50% SBD, 50% AUD mix.
- Mixed by dan at am-dig.com
- Shn conversion done by dan at am-dig.com 9-JLY-2004
- Artwork by dan at am-dig.com 300dpi - For best results
print at the highest resolution onto glossy photo paper.
Design for use with a clear slim double jewel case.

Notes

Both sources were recorded quite low.  I raised the levels
on the SBD 3db. I raised the levels on the AUD 4.5db.

Fade in/outs applied to the start and end of both discs.

Missing 0:02.888 crowd on SBD source between Weekapaug Groove
and Purple Rain (cassette flip).  AUD trimmed accordingly to
match. This is smooth and most likely undetectable.

Missing 02:27.000 crowd on SBD source between last song
and the encores.  AUD trimmed accordingly to match with 10
second crossfade.  Smooth but ever so slightly detectable.

More Info On the SBD Source

Source: SBD > Panasonic 3700 (master DAT);
Master DAT played back on 3700 > Tascam pro analog deck
(1st gen cass); Playback of 1st gen cass on Nak CR3A >
Sony DTC700 @48kHz Master (from Sony DTC700) used in
below transfer

Conversion: R500 > Canare Coax > Sek'd Prodif Plus >
Soundforge 5.0  (fade in/out/edits/48>44.1 at highest
setting[4of4] with anti-alias filter) > CD Wave > SHNv3
via Monkey's/md5sum.exe (shn files have seek tables appended)
**No DAE at all**

Transfer was done twice, then inverted over itself to
determine transfer errors. No errors were present or the
errors that were present were inaudible and due to differing
error correction on the DAT playbacks not transfer errors.

Detailed info: This was the seed for the phish.net tree in
early 1994; see google files (txt) contained in this file
set for more info. During this show there was occasional
distortion in one of the drum channels--due to either a mic
or mixer. This ispresent in all versions of the show, as it
came through the PA. This same noise is also present in the
8/20/93 Red Rocks SBD.

Minor Edits: Fades in/out beg/end of sets--5 sec in all
cases All of the below was done at the 48k level, so there
are edited and unedited 48k archive .shn's for archival:
First set cass flip: patched at the sample level as the
music overlapped on the first gen cass and subsequently on
the DAT--nothing missing at all!

Second set cass flip: cut out 45f and crossfade (duration
of 2s26f) Break between set-2 & encore: cut several frames
of silence and crossfade (duration of 4s45f) All crossfades
were done at: source: -infdb to 0db and the destination:
0db to -infdb. Edits took place after Paul and Silas,
Weekapaug and Slave.

Taper: Paul Languedoc
Huge thanks to Shelly who supplied Mikey Perrott with the
cassettes to make the DATs and to Mikey for sending me the
master DATs for this transfer! Transferred and uploaded by
Jim Raras via Dankseeds.  Please contact
me with questions etc. There are also 48k shn's of this seed
for archival.

*Dankseed Certification received 2002-03-22*
and posted at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dankseeds/
files/ph1993-12-30
Listening test performed by *6* danksters

positive criteria met:
Tracking- OK
Seamless and complete- OK
Lineage listed- OK