[bittorrent] Grateful Dead 1973-03-19. DanH.partial.flac

Automated Mailer noreply-bt.e at etree.org
Sat Aug 8 10:54:57 MDT 2009

Band:           Grateful Dead
Torrent Name:   Grateful Dead 1973-03-19. DanH.partial.flac
Uploaded by:    droncit
DB Link:        http://db.etree.org/shninfo_detail.php?shnid=97506

Contact the seeder at http://db.etree.org/droncit

Grateful Dead
03/19/73
Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
Uniondale, N.Y.

Taper:  Dan H.
Location:  Slightly too close to stage
Transfer/editing/flac conversion: Dan McDonald
Unknown Mic, Unknown Cassette recorder (mono - Sony, I think) ->Master Cassette -> 24bit/96kHz wav ->
slight edit (fade-in, out, azimuth adjustment, and slight level changes for crowd noise) ->
16-bit, 44.1 khz wav (triangular noise dither)

Cassette Transfer:  Tascam 112

Disc 1
Set 1
1. Intro Bill Graham
1. Promised Land
2. He's Gone
4. Mexicali Blues
5. They Love Each Other

This was recorded by Dan H. using Adam G.'s microphone.  Dan was very close to stage.  About halfway
through the show,one of the band members (I believe Bobby or Phil) pointed to Dan and a member of the Dead's
crew came into the audience, grabbed the mic and cut the cord.  He would only give the mic back if Dan handed
over the tapes.  Dan handed him all his blanks and what was in the machine at the time, as well as one or two
with music on them.  He managed to keep this one and the NRPS opener.

This is the quasi-famous Pigpen "He's Gone" - the first "He's Gone" after Pigpen died.  I think the quality on this is much better than what currently circulates.

**Have mercy for any mistakes as this is the first torrent I have seeded**