[bittorrent] Yonder Mountain - February 24, 2000 at Mike n' Molly's - lightly circulated, only source, great show

Automated Mailer noreply-bt.e at etree.org
Fri Aug 7 21:17:07 MDT 2009

Band:           Yonder Mountain String Band
Torrent Name:   Yonder Mountain - February 24, 2000 at Mike n' Molly's - lightly circulated, only source, great show
Uploaded by:    adaytoolong

Contact the seeder at http://db.etree.org/adaytoolong

I've recorded YMSB many times over the past ten years. This is the third in a series of uploads. The first few are shows few have heard before now. This is the only source for this show. This place is a very small bar and the acoustics leave something to be desired. This is last time YMSB played here.  After this gig, the band moved up the road to a larger venue (I'll upload it soon) for one show before moving across town to the largest indoor venue in Champaign-Urbana. This show features some great banter with the crowd and a great "Salty Dog," with lyrics that are bound to make you laugh!

I've made a small number of copies for some friends over the years. There were one or two other decks in this daisy chain, so there's a few others with masters and they've probably spread this a bit. This is a fresh transfer from my master DATs; other circulating copies have a different lineage.

Yonder Mountain String Band
February 24, 2000
Mike 'n Molly's - Champaign, IL

Recording Info: AKG 480's (cardioids) > Lunatec v2 > Graham-Patten
                ADC-20 > Sony TCD-D7 (44.1kHz/16 bit)
 --Mics were located on the stage and were raised to ~4' until the
   monitors blew out during "On The Run" and we were forced to move
   the mics into the middle of the noisy, crowded bar.
 --The band decided to play the encores outside without amplification
   so we picked up the entire rig and followed them without missing
   a note!
 --There are a few quick level jumps and drops as we sort out the
   levels outside in the beer garden, but it's not too bad.

Transfer: Fostex D-5 > optical out > Tascam CDRW-700 > pass
          through to convert to S/PDIF > M-Audio Microtrack II >
          HP Pavilion a656x > Audacity 1.3.7 (to amplify) > CD Wave
          1.98 (to track) > Trader's Little Helper 2.4.1 (to .flac
          at Level 8)

Recording and Transfer by Ken K.

Set One:
01 intro/tuning
02 Shady Grove > Wheel Hoss > Shady Grove
03 My Gal
04 Snow On The Pines >
05 Boatman >
06 Morning Dew >
07 Over The Waterfall
08 Lost John
09 Shenandoah Valley Breakdown
10 If You're Ever In Oklahoma >
11 Jesus On The Mainline >
12 If You're Ever In Oklahoma
13 Yes She Do No She Don't

Set Two:
01 intro/tuning
02 Hucklin' The Berries
03 Walkin' Shoes
04 Hit Parade of Love
05 Country Boy Rock 'n Roll
06 The Old Hometown
07 If I Lose
08 Groundspeed^
09 On The Run^
10 Freeborn Man^
11 Salty Dog+
12 The White Water+
13 Molly & Tenbrooks+
14 How Mountain Girls Can Love% >
15 Sittin' On Top Of The World%
16 Let Me Fall

Encores:
17 Steam-Powered Aeroplane
18 Dear Old Dixie^
19 I'll Stay Around^
20 My Darling Alalee

^ = with Noam Pikelny on banjo
+ = with Dan Broder on guitar and vocals
% = with Ethan James on guitar