[bittorrent] Rollin' in the Hay 2009-07-20 Bayou Blue, Florence, Ala. (Muscle Shoals) W.C. Handy Music Festival

Automated Mailer noreply-bt.e at etree.org
Fri Aug 7 14:02:54 MDT 2009

Band:           Other
Torrent Name:   Rollin' in the Hay 2009-07-20 Bayou Blue, Florence, Ala. (Muscle Shoals) W.C. Handy Music Festival
Uploaded by:    tdwriter

Contact the seeder at http://db.etree.org/tdwriter

Rollin' In The Hay
2009-07-20
Bayou Blue
Florence, Ala.

Source: Avantone CK1 > Edirol UA-5 > Edirol R-09 (24/48)
Lineage: CF > HDD > SoundForge > CD Wave > FLAC
Taped by: MSTaper
Transferred by: MSTaper

set list:

disc one/set one:
01- intro/tuning
02- That's What I Like About the South
03- Deep Ellum Blues
04- Jerry and JB
05- Good Ol' Mountain Dew
06- I'm Gonna Paint the Highway
07- Up On Cripple Creek
08- The Truck Drivin' Man
09- Instrumental (?)
10- Rick's public service announcement
11- Me and Opie
12- Smokin' Through the South
13- Miracle Ticket

disc two/set two:
01- Rock Me Mama
02- Drinking Whisky Again >
03- Whisky River
04- We Love Beer
05- Atlantic City
06- Gin and Juice >
07- I Know You Rider
08- I'm Fine to Drive (?)
09- The Race Is On
10- Louisiana Saturday Night
11- Friend of the Devil
12- Salty Dog
13- Going Down the Road Feeling Bad

disc three: set two continued
01- Porch Song
02- The Weight
03- Mississippi Kid
04- Little Liza Jane

Set three
05- Ring of Fire
06- Travelin' Light
07- Old Milwaukee and a Shitty Bag of Pot
08- Me and Opie (second time)
09- Will the Circle Be Unbroken

This was HAY's first of a handful of shows at the W.C. Handy Music Festival in Florence, Ala. (Muscle Shoals area). It was on the patio of a Cajun restaurant, Bayou Blue. There were a lot of people there when we arrived and I had to set up to the left side, but the monitors happened to be pointed our way for some reason! ; )  They played three sets, about 21/2 hours total. They played "Me and Opie" twice. The sound is really nice (one of my best) until the third set, which is only 20 minutes long. I had four idiots that had to stand in front of my table and run their damn mouths. The sound is still good, you can just hear voices that weren't noticeable before. It was my first HAY show and I got a taper shout out from Stan.  I'll see them again if they come to town. Please point out any mistakes in the set list.

enjoy!

MSTaper

Tape > Share > Support