[bittorrent] ph1990-02-17.shnf ::AmherstMA::[SBD][SHNfamilyPhishProject]
noreply-bt.e at etree.org
Thu Jun 8 16:06:59 MDT 2006
Torrent Name: ph1990-02-17.shnf ::AmherstMA::[SBD][SHNfamilyPhishProject]
Uploaded by: shnfamily
DB Link: http://db.etree.org/shninfo_detail.php?shnid=20964
Contact the seeder at http://db.etree.org/shnfamily
If the link to this show does not work, it was probably removed for
Description / text file:
Student Union Ballroom
U Mass - Amherst
Taper: John Redmond
SOURCE SBD > D5 (deck was possibly a Nak CR-3A)
SBD MCass (Maxell XLII-S 90 min)> Sony TC-WE805S >
Art DI/O (48Khz, Input gain +12dB, No "Tube Warmth")>
Delta DIO 2496> WaveLab v4.0c> WAV (@24/48)> FLAC (24-bit, v1.1.0) >
mastering (see notes) > SHNv3
transfer>24bit FLAC files by Weave - Weave at furthurnet.org on 09/29/2003
Mastering , editing and WAV > SHN were performed on REBA by Arty-imthemarmar at stny.rr.com (10/2003)
**24/48 Masters do exist at the unedited/pre-processed level**
-Disc 1-Set 1:
01) Possum (1,5)
02) Bathtub Gin
03) Divided Sky >
05) Bouncing Around the Room
06) You Enjoy Myself* (2)
07) Golgi Apparatus
-Disc 2-Set 2:
01) Reba (3)
02) Oh Kee Pa Ceremony >
03) AC/DC Bag
04) The Squirming Coil
05) Harry Hood (3 & 3a)
06) Carolina in the Morning (4)
07) Mike's Song > (3,5)
08) I Am Hydrogen > (3)
09) Weekapaug Groove (3)
24bit/48kHz FLAC's > Wavelab 4.01b on REBA > Q10Paramatric EQ > BBE > L1 UltraMaximizer > Editing > L2 Ultramaximizer > 48kHz>44.1 and 24bit>16bit w/level 1 Gaussian Dither > tc electronic Finalizer 96k > Tracking in Wavelab > SHNv3 appended
1) Tried to "adjust" the weirdness in the levels. Unfortunately, about the first 3 seconds of the song were unusable due to the levels and channel dropouts. I tried to smooth them out as best as possible...This does result in some hiss becomming very prevelant.
2) Crossfaded the tape flip....you probably won't even notice it because I did it to the meter of the song.
3) Adjusted the levels to make them a little more even (sometimes this does result in some hiss, but hey it was worth it).
3a) You won't hardly notice the tape flip that happens here.
4) Levels do rise here,and there is a short fade, but they were also raised in relation to all material in the mastering stage (not normalized).
5) The start of this song is completely "gone". the levels are so distorted that when brought into CD mastering levels, it is at levels that can damage speakers from the overload.....I just did a real fast fade to try and lessen the possiblity of damaging speakers from the level adjustment made at the board. The rest of the volume fluctuations are how they were....blame Paul ;-)
* the vocal jam is based upon the Led Zepplin song "The Ocean" from the album Houses of the Holy
Widespread Panic opened.
Venue was a gymnasium.
NO tracking/editing/alterations performed before archiving to 24-bit FLAC
(except to trim silence from the ends).
Seeded to FurthurNet (www.furthurnet.org)
More information about the bittorrent